debatehere
You haven't logged in....Please log In ...If you are not a member don't be a lurker...Come and join us so that you can discuss,Debate share and enjoy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

debatehere
You haven't logged in....Please log In ...If you are not a member don't be a lurker...Come and join us so that you can discuss,Debate share and enjoy
debatehere
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
debatehere

All those who love debating and normal discussions..This is the place for you.You can debate here about paranormal topics to wide ranging family friendly topics in here.

Latest topics
» A 520 day Experiment
Is Life Possible??? EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 2:16 am by PotterManiac

» Robots will rob alien centres...
Is Life Possible??? EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 2:13 am by PotterManiac

» The 2012 Theory!
Is Life Possible??? EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 2:07 am by PotterManiac

» Was the Zamora UFO incident a hoax ?
Is Life Possible??? EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 1:52 am by PotterManiac

» Did we Land on the Moon?
Is Life Possible??? EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 9:04 am by PotterManiac

» Thrilling Math question
Is Life Possible??? EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 3:31 am by PotterManiac

» 112 with 17
Is Life Possible??? EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 3:26 am by PotterManiac

» LHC MILESTONE
Is Life Possible??? EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 11:33 am by Administrator

» Out of world sum for poor customer care
Is Life Possible??? EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 3:10 am by PotterManiac

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 67 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:51 am

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is Life Possible???

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Is Life Possible??? Empty Is Life Possible??? Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:30 am

PotterManiac

PotterManiac

As Douglas Adams says, the universe is a really big place and even though there have been no solid proofs of Unidentified Flying Objects and alienated forms, there are speculations and chances for extra terrestrial lifes.
The lack of solid proofs are due to the equipments used by NASA and other space organizations or scientists.
We've been using telescopes, a ridiculous method, and lately, with SETI, some few radio frequencies. Not unreasonable, given that aliens are like us... but why should that be true?

Suppose we found out how to increase head size, or produce more efficient folding, or better, connect ourselves to our computers? Where would our intelligence go then? In the latter case, the practical limits would be... well, I certainly can't even begin to envision it. Now, given that we could be, let us conservatively say, 100 times more intelligent than now, how would we signal... what indeed would our picture of the universe be, our physics, our electronics? We are not now 100 times smarter than dogs. How would our physics compare with our present idea of physics? Etc. You see my point? To aliens, if they notice us at all, we are, until we can consciously increase our intelligence, merely another species of animal on this planet. So why should they want to contact us, any more than we would want to contact those dogs? And how would we notice or understand it, if they did, any more than dogs could conceive, build, and use a radio set?

Lets take another theoretical case...

Now, if I were an alien civilization faced with that possibility, vs. living in the cold, hard, limited real universe, hey, why not? So the second theory is that we can't contact them because when a civilization gets advanced to that stage, they just all move into their computers and live happily ever after, in a virtual heaven of their own design, with the computer protected behind layers of armor and powered by something reasonably perpetual. When that happens, why in the world should they explore?

Last edited by PotterManiac on Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:20 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Title Change)

2Is Life Possible??? Empty Re: Is Life Possible??? Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:55 am

Administrator

Administrator
Admin
Admin

Aliens can be described as any organism that is outside the earth having variable dimension and characteristics...It is unfortunate that some people remain skeptical to such thoughts while other believe in it.From a skeptical point of view I look on science....Science hasn't given mankind any proofs to solidly state that aliens of any nature exist.The recent travels to moons of Jupiter in search of bacteria was a big failure nor the telescope G81S was unable to find any trace of life that can hopefully travel 24 septillion unit distance from its place of origin...Science so far did not give any proofs to this but only some incidents like the Cash Landrum UFO case or the Roswell incidents ....but to the amazement of those who believe in it these incidents have been clearly understood and many such sightings was categorized under the Chinese lanterns or post traumatic stresses...It is found out that the American government was unable to submit Compelling Exibhit A when asked for and blatantly denied any course of Area 51...Immediately after the Roswell incident it was found out that as a defense measure America introduced a series of programmes to develop highly confidential planes and in the process of this one fell to the Mexico side and for cover up the US intelligence started to promote a series of sounds and other things which people claimed as aliens...

Also that might I make you aware that Possibilities don't make the rule

Thanks
Admin

https://debatehere.forumotion.com

3Is Life Possible??? Empty Re: Is Life Possible??? Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:20 am

PotterManiac

PotterManiac

Possibilities may not always make the rule Admin! But sometimes it can.

Thanks
PotterManiac

4Is Life Possible??? Empty Re: Is Life Possible??? Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:39 am

Administrator

Administrator
Admin
Admin

PotterManiac wrote:Possibilities may not always make the rule Admin! But sometimes it can.

Thanks
PotterManiac

Sometimes can make a great difference Potter
Thanks
Admin

5Is Life Possible??? Empty Life on other planets...possible?? Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:57 am

Shruthi P

Now this is a question that we've been hearing for years now.Is this actually possible?? Wink Lets discuss..

6Is Life Possible??? Empty Yes Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:08 am

PotterManiac

PotterManiac

Shruthi P wrote:Now this is a question that we've been hearing for years now.Is this actually possible?? Is Life Possible??? Icon_wink Lets discuss..

The latest step to that was the discovery of water, however small the quantity is .

Life is Possible on other planets.

Thanks
PotterManiac

Last edited by Administrator on Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spellings)

7Is Life Possible??? Empty Re: Is Life Possible??? Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:24 am

Administrator

Administrator
Admin
Admin

PotterManiac wrote:
Shruthi P wrote:Now this is a question that we've been hearing for years now.Is this actually possible?? Is Life Possible??? Icon_wink Lets discuss..

The latest step to that was the discovery of water, however small the quantity is .

Life is Possible on other planets.

Thanks
PotterManiac

Finding water in such qualities is not a sign of life because
1-It is not enough for more than 1 organism to sustain
2-It is virtually Impossible for one organism of a species to survive
3-No lunar probes did ever find a trace of life in moon even the so said Humans

I dont think life is out there because
1-They dont contact us
2-They never replied to the numerous messages we sent
3-Timetravel is impossible and so is interstellar travel
4-Many more reasons too Is Life Possible??? Icon_lol Is Life Possible??? Icon_lol

Thanks
Admin

8Is Life Possible??? Empty Contradiction Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:14 pm

PotterManiac

PotterManiac

It is not enough for more than 1 organism to sustain

Life doesnt mean numerous organisms. It can mean a single microbe too Very Happy

It is virtually Impossible for one organism of a species to survive

Make it many microbes then...the reason I say this is, however small the quantity of water is,that would be enough for microbes to sustain.

No lunar probes did ever find a trace of life in moon even the so said Humans

NASA has sent many satellites to the moon, and look when it is finding water?! Only now! And hence, we shall wait.

They dont contact us
They never replied to the numerous messages we sent

Oh no! Thats not right. Just because we are curious about ET, why in the world should they also be curious???

Timetravel is impossible and so is interstellar travel

I agree to that for now . But in the future,famous scientists like Dr.Kaku has expressed possibilities..

Thanks
PotterManiac

Last edited by PotterManiac on Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typing errors)

9Is Life Possible??? Empty Re: Is Life Possible??? Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:12 am

Administrator

Administrator
Admin
Admin

Life doesnt mean numerous organisms. It can mean a single microbe too Is Life Possible??? Icon_biggrin
It ofcourse can mean single organism but the thing is that since long time have passed we will have no trace of life.If atleast one single microbe is there I am sure that the M3 would have its evidence if in moon.recently scientists also discovered that there is no life within a 20 lightyear radius from earth and extending to 500 lightyears
Make it many microbes then...the reason I say this is, however small the quantity of water is,that would be enough for microbes to sustain.
There is no evidence to many microbe so lets tak more when the evidence is out.But as for you the time being there is no evidence of many microbes.Also that Madhavan Nair quoted to the world that though there is water its in a form where no life forms could extract and live there.

NASA has sent many satellites to the moon, and look when it is finding water?! Only now! And hence, we shall wait.
NASA didnt find water before ISRO did...Its ISRO...I give credit to them and not a organisation that spend millions in the name of explorations.There is no reason to wait because all of them are debunked and no theory exists on life of ET
Oh no! Thats not right. Just because we are curious about ET, why in the world should they also be curious???
If they are not so curious they wont visit earth in such numbers( if at all they are a possibility which isnot...but for the sake of a reply).

I agree to that for now . But in the future,famous scientists like Dr.Kaku has expressed possibilities..
Possibilities that are not realities.

Thanks
Admin

10Is Life Possible??? Empty Re: Is Life Possible??? Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:21 am

PotterManiac

PotterManiac

Administrator wrote:
Life doesnt mean numerous organisms. It can mean a single microbe too Is Life Possible??? Icon_biggrin
It ofcourse can mean single organism but the thing is that since long time have passed we will have no trace of life.If atleast one single microbe is there I am sure that the M3 would have its evidence if in moon.recently scientists also discovered that there is no life within a 20 lightyear radius from earth and extending to 500 lightyears
There is no evidence to many microbe so lets tak more when the evidence is out.But as for you the time being there is no evidence of many microbes.Also that Madhavan Nair quoted to the world that though there is water its in a form where no life forms could extract and live there.

NASA didnt find water before ISRO did...Its ISRO...I give credit to them and not a organisation that spend millions in the name of explorations.There is no reason to wait because all of them are debunked and no theory exists on life of ET
If they are not so curious they wont visit earth in such numbers( if at all they are a possibility which isnot...but for the sake of a reply).

Possibilities that are not realities.

Thanks
Admin

Life is possible. I never said Life exists! But Life can exist. As you said, reality can be taken from mere possobilities..the greatest example of which is the nano technology.

And, ISRO alone could not have discovered this, although I am proud of them. But if ISRO alone did all the work, why should both of them thank each other?

Thanks
PotterManiac

11Is Life Possible??? Empty Re: Is Life Possible??? Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:29 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Admin
Admin

Life is possible. I never said Life exists! But Life can exist. As you
said, reality can be taken from mere possobilities..the greatest
example of which is the nano technology.
Just because Nano technology was invented at the time when they was thought not to be possible does not make it mandatory for aliens to exist .These are differnt dimensions of Science which have no connection Whatsoever.I am sure all these 60 years we have searched for truth and yet we never found any and not only that it is possible for us to debunk every sightings and theory reported but also entire Existence Of Aliens theory is less and less credible....Simply because there is no truth out there.

And, ISRO alone could
not have discovered this, although I am proud of them. But if ISRO
alone did all the work, why should both of them thank each other?
ISRO knew about the water on moon theory when the proud Chandryaan landed on its lunar surface but they awaited the M3 to confirm because otherwise people would ask-"Why no traces of water was found out by the M3 onborad Chandrayaan?"...This is not my comment but Project Director and Principal Scientsist MadhvanNair-Chandryaan Lunar Project[ISRO]

The Moon Impact Probe on Chandrayaan-I appears to have sensed water
earlier than Nasa's Moon Minerolgy Mapper (M3) but protocol did not allow ISRO
to declare the discovery. While MIP detected water molecules on November 14,
2008, just 22 days after Chandrayaan-1's launch, M3 did so in March

J S Goswami, principal investigator for Chandrayaan-1, told
TOI: ``We had indications of water on November 14, the day MIP crash-landed on
the Moon. It sensed some sort of water molecules. We were absolutely delighted
but it had to be corroborated.
Read More here

Note-The Discliamer contains no flaws
Is Life Possible??? Icon_cool

Thanks
Admin

12Is Life Possible??? Empty Re: Is Life Possible??? Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:37 pm

PotterManiac

PotterManiac

Administrator wrote:
Life is possible. I never said Life exists! But Life can exist. As you
said, reality can be taken from mere possobilities..the greatest
example of which is the nano technology.
Just because Nano technology was invented at the time when they was thought not to be possible does not make it mandatory for aliens to exist .These are differnt dimensions of Science which have no connection Whatsoever.I am sure all these 60 years we have searched for truth and yet we never found any and not only that it is possible for us to debunk every sightings and theory reported but also entire Existence Of Aliens theory is less and less credible....Simply because there is no truth out there.

And, ISRO alone could
not have discovered this, although I am proud of them. But if ISRO
alone did all the work, why should both of them thank each other?
ISRO knew about the water on moon theory when the proud Chandryaan landed on its lunar surface but they awaited the M3 to confirm because otherwise people would ask-"Why no traces of water was found out by the M3 onborad Chandrayaan?"...This is not my comment but Project Director and Principal Scientsist MadhvanNair-Chandryaan Lunar Project[ISRO]

The Moon Impact Probe on Chandrayaan-I appears to have sensed water
earlier than Nasa's Moon Minerolgy Mapper (M3) but protocol did not allow ISRO
to declare the discovery. While MIP detected water molecules on November 14,
2008, just 22 days after Chandrayaan-1's launch, M3 did so in March

J S Goswami, principal investigator for Chandrayaan-1, told
TOI: ``We had indications of water on November 14, the day MIP crash-landed on
the Moon. It sensed some sort of water molecules. We were absolutely delighted
but it had to be corroborated.
Read More here

Note-The Discliamer contains no flaws
Is Life Possible??? Icon_cool

Thanks
Admin

I never said it was mandatory for aliens to exist. I only said there is a possibility for the existence of Aliens!

Last edited by PotterManiac on Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:47 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling/Typing Errors)

13Is Life Possible??? Empty Re: Is Life Possible??? Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:22 am

PotterManiac

PotterManiac

The topic has been unlocked for continuing the debate.

Thanks
PotterManiac

Last edited by PotterManiac on Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:02 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Change)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum